It's time for the 2017 PMI WV/OV Chapter Board Elections!
Nominations: Open October 10, 2017; due by Tuesday October 24, 2017.
Election: Opens October 25, 2017 closes Wednesday, November 8, 2017.
Results to be announced: November 15, 2017
- Local Networking - Get to know your fellow project management professionals located in the area!
- National/International Networking - Build contacts and establish relationships with other PMI members through participation at national/international events as a Chapter representative!
- Professional Development - Build your project management skills as you apply them in volunteer service!
- PDU credits - Chapter service counts toward the PDU total you need for recertification!
- Make a Difference - Help the local Chapter continue to grow and better serve its membership!
The WV/OV Chapter of Project Management Institute's Board of Directors governs all operations of the Chapter, according to Chapter bylaws established when the Chapter was authorized by PMI. The bylaws provide for annual election of half of the 8-member Board, to provide both continuity of operations and regular opportunity for new volunteer participation. Candidates who are elected shall take office on the first day of January following their election, and shall hold office for the duration of their terms or until their successors have been elected and qualified.
New Board members are provided training in the resources and procedures under which the Board operates, and also sponsored by the Chapter to attend annual leadership meetings of PMI's Region 5 in the spring of each year. The new Board member training session will be held later this year. Board members are encouraged to attend the 2017 Region 5 Leadership Conference hosted by the PMI North Carolina Chapter in Durham, North Carolina. March 1 -3, 2018.
Monthly board meetings are typically one hour long, held via teleconference. Additionally, three annual 1/2 day planning sessions are conducted, typically held in Flatwoods or other location convenient to the members of the Board.
The Nominating Committee will review all submissions received and submit nominations to the membership at large for election the 2-week period of October 25th-November 8th. You must be both a member of PMI, and a Chapter member in good standing at the time of election, both to be nominated and to vote in the election. Note that you do NOT need to hold a PMP or other PMI sponsored certification to participate in any of these volunteer capacities.
The following positions are open:
- President (currently held by Eric Kirkland)
- President-Elect (currently held by Marlene Hackett)
- Director At Large (2 positions, currently held by Keith Morgan and Rod Rousch)
Terms are two years, from 1-1-2018 through 12-31-2019. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- President – the chief executive officer for PMI WV/OV and of the Board, and performs such duties as are customary for presiding officers, including making all required appointments with the approval of the Board. The President also serves as a member ex-officio with the right to participate and vote on all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- President-Elect - stands in as acting President as required, and participates in all decisions of the Board; assigned special projects as needed, to help prepare him/her to serve effectively as President upon election to that office at the conclusion the President Elect term of office.
- Director at Large - a member of the Chapter's governing Board, responsible for carrying out the purposes and objectives of the Chapter.
The Board is looking for members who are interested, can be actively involved, and are willing to commit energy and time to see the Chapter grow and meet its goals. We're committed to building the practice and profession of Project Management in our area, and to having a great time in the process!
Thanks for your continued involvement with the WV/OV Chapter of PMI!
Ron Madurski, PMP
Past President, PMI West Virginia / Ohio Valley Chapter