The monthly membership meeting for April, 2017 will be a Webex (Advance Registration Required) plus local in-person event , and is scheduled to occur Thursday, April 20 starting at 6:00 pm.
Here are details of the event:
· Topic: "Situational Leadership"
· PMI Talent Triangle: Leadership
· PDU: 1
· Format: WebEx Meeting plus in-person
· In-person Location: Large conference room of the WVSU EDC, located at 1506 Kanawha Blvd West, Charleston, WV 25387
· Date & Time: April 20
· Abstract: Situational leadership is founded on the concepts that different people need to be managed differently in different situations. In this presentation, Dr. Eldon R. Larsen will be reviewing the basics of situational leadership and how this approach can help leaders build and develop their followers to higher levels of achievement and satisfaction.
· Presenter: Dr. Eldon Larsen is a Professor of Engineering at Marshall University where he coordinates the Master of Science and Engineering Degree and directs the Engineering Management major. Dr. Larsen has taught graduate Project Management courses since 1994 in industry and university settings. He is a past Chair of the Marshall University Faculty Senate, and served nine years as Chair of the Marshall University Graduate Council.
Dr. Larsen worked 16 ½ years for Union Carbide where he led a major effort to develop and implement Project Management for Research and Development. In 1994, Dr. Larsen co-authored a UCC training manual entitled, “Project Management for Research and Development.” He also served approximately two years on Union Carbide’s “Project Work Process Phase Integrators Team” which oversaw Union Carbide’s Engineering work process for capital projects.
Dr. Larsen received B.S. and M.S. degrees in Chemical Engineering from Brigham Young University. He has a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley.
Dr. Larsen is active in several professional organizations. He served eight years as a Director and as the national Second Vice Chair, First Vice Chair, Chair, and Past Chair of the Management Division of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE). He has served in multiple leadership positions of the Charleston Section of the AIChE, and is an AIChE Fellow. He served as President of the West Virginia/Ohio Valley Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI) where he earlier served for two years on the Board of Directors, and is a national member of the PMI. Dr. Larsen is a PMI-certified Project Management Professional.
Advance Registration Required! Webex access information for this Webex-supported event will only be distributed to those who pre-register with valid email addresses. There will be no mass distribution of the Webex access info prior to the event to members who do not register in advance! Chapter membership is not required to register for (or to attend) the event, but IS required for Chapter-provided PDU submission.
To register for the event, click here, or go to the Chapter web site (www.wvovpmi.org) and click on the link for the event in the Upcoming Events area.
Please pass this information along to interested colleagues!