The West Virginia / Ohio Valley Chapter of the Project Management Institute was formed and chartered in 2003, to reactivate the Tri-State Chapter (itself chartered in 1997).
The Chapter's vision is to be the premier professional project management organization for business, civic, government, and education communities in West Virginia / Ohio Valley.
The Chapter's primary mission is to serve the professional interests of chapter members by enhancing expertise through project management education and training, supporting PMI certifications, and promoting association with other projject management professionals.
PMI WV/OV objectives supplement the purposes of PMI as set forth in PMI's bylaws, and include:
- Contribute to the quality and scope of project management.
- Provide a forum for discussion and examination of problems, solutions, applications and ideas related to Project Management.
- Foster communication between public and private sectors regarding Project Management.
- Disseminate information regarding developments in Project Management within the Chapter's primary area of operation.
- Advance the PMI mission and objectives within the West Virginia/Ohio Valley area.
- Develop a growing and committed membershup of local Project Management Professionals through an on-going recruiiting plan.
- Promote Professional Project Management principles, processes, and techniques with local businesses, governments, universities, professional associations, and non-profit charities.
- Identify and promote the fundamentals of project management and advance the body of knowledge for managing projects successfully.
- Support and enhance Project Management Professionalism by developing and providing quality programs based on the needs of local Project Manager, Leaders, and Participants.
Education - Offer educational programs that strengthen local Project Managers', Leaders', and Participants' skills and supports the PMI Certification Program.